Monday, June 3, 2013

Tarot Cards

I have this set of tarot cards that I got when I was like 14, or 15 years old. I don't remember exactly how old I was. But I went to the mall shopping, went into this "Blue Moon" store (that is now long gone) and these cards fell off the shelf when I was looking at books. I felt like they belonged to me.

I had never herd of tarot before then, and I've tried getting newer cards since. Those cards are showing wear, They're still in great shape, and will always hold a special place in my heart.

The unfortunate part is that every time I try to "replace" them, so they may retire and stay safely put away, I get weird readings. The only deck of cards that have ever been accurate for me, are these cards. I've only tried three sets since. (other than it) I guess I'm lucky, I found my "mate" in cards.  But I fear in another 15-20 years, I won't be able to use them much more.

Then I think about how good they are to me, How much I love them. I can NEVER retire my cards. I remember the day I bought them. I remember the experience. And the owner gave me a great deal on them because I couldn't afford the books I wanted and the deck. <3

I am amazed how long has passed since.

You couldn't possibly think 15 years can pass without at least THINKING about changing your tarot deck... But I only have the one. All others? They get lost, misplaced... Gift themselves to others.

I don't mind though. These cards are mine.

Merry we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.

Blessed Be
☽✪☾