Sunday, June 23, 2013

Teenage Parenthood

I'm sure everyone has had their opinion about this over the years... And I'm also sure that I'm considered a hypocrite because of my honest opinion of it. In my generation, so many teenagers had kids that the current teens should see how difficult we have had it to make anything, if anything, of ourselves.

The kids have a choice, they can prevent themselves from having to fallow the same difficult uphill battle in their lives by not having sex, or by avoiding pregnancy... or they can "try to do it better"...

Today I went to a baby shower for a 17 year old girl... The gift table made me sick! all the things I had to get second hand and from my parent aid, she got brand new from the people at her baby shower. Her friends from high school? They all have babies... It was disgusting.  There were over 50 people there (plus their families) and it was over the top...

A barbecue for the expectant mother should have been a bust... a teenage mother shouldn't have 70+ people giving her diapers and wipes... They should be giving her condoms, not a crib...

We were there for THREE HOURS and they were still playing those stupid baby shower games... it was such a long, dragged out... boring day... nothing was worth it... I was sitting there listening to the mommy to be talk about how she's going to go back to school, work full time... Where is the baby going to be??? She doesn't know yet, but figures she's got about three months before she has to figure that out... At least!

The baby daddy? They've been together for 15 months, 9 of those, she has been pregnant... and the relationship has been on and off the whole time...

When I was 17 and having a baby, I got married... my parents, his mother, my brother and his best friend, his brother and sister... and a date for his family... one of my friends, and one of his friends... that's 15 people TOTAL for my wedding... including me, my ex-husband, and the person who married us...

Today was a joke! I am upset because this was like that family was MOCKING the fact that she is a BABY HAVING A BABY!

Everything will work out in the end, sure... but that doesn't make this a good thing...

I love her, she's family... but really, seeing what the teenagers think about teenage parenthood today, is sickening. They should be ASHAMED not proud. Ashamed because they chose to be parents when they didn't finish high school yet...

When I got married, I had already gotten my GED by then... I brought my newborn to my graduation. Life was difficult. That's what it's supposed to be when kids have kids... not 50+ people showing up and giving the teenage mother gifts and pretending she is 27 & married. With a degree in SOMETHING and them have been PLANNING ON A BABY!

I went to a huge baby shower for a girl, engaged, with her man for 10+ years, bought a house together (before she got pregnant)... That was 125 or so people. It was fun, not mocking at all. Kids ran around, mothers chatted, and everything was great... Today made that a joke!

Baby showers are supposed to be a good thing, teenage parenthood isn't supposed to be a good thing...

Ok, I'm sorry that today's blog wasn't Wiccan Themed, but I needed to vent this out... My next blog will be a much lighter happier topic.

Merry we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.

Blessed Be
☽✪☾