Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Garden

For over a month I have been working on digging out this old garden in the house my love and I have finally bought. This garden was quite overgrown and filled with chaos.

At first, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, but after a year of thinking and planning I decided to turn it into a butterfly/hummingbird garden. This means other creatures will be drawn as well.

6 weeks ago we started off by pulling out some old rhododendron bushes, and moving four other trees. I was going to save the hibiscuses, but now they have found a nice location by my toddler's playhouse. (I like them there, and I can't see them now)

After pulling weeds, Tilling, Raking, Tilling, fertilizing, tilling, the planting FINALLY started. I now have Butterfly bushes, Bleeding Hearts, and many other plants that just found their way into the garden this past weekend. After that was finished, I hung this BEAUTIFUL wind chime I found at my FAVORITE Store. From there, I put in solar lights. Now I'm waiting for a solar powered pump to arrive so I can put my fountain back together and put it into the garden.

This wasn't planned to be put together the way I have, but yet, it seems about right.

EARTH-the garden
AIR- the wind chime
FIRE- the solar lamps
WATER- the fountain.

Later when I have my fountain going, I will take my pictures and post them to my blog. I feel like I have honored the Goddess with my garden. It feels magical to me and I am proud of the way it has come out. Near there, I let my son plant an "eating garden." This is a place where eventually I'll have a pagola (or arbor) built so I can sit outside and speak to the Goddess, perform magic, and not worry about being judged.  Three sides will have lattice work so I can have vines climbing to help me with my privacy.

After my fountain is finished, I will put in my stepping stones, possibly put in some mulch, and take pictures of this wonder work of art. I will also take pictures through out the summer to show how much it has grown from the "baby plants" it is now, to what it will become in the next few months.

Merry we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.

Blessed Be
☽✪☾