Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Get To Know Me

Hi there,

This is my first entry into this blog. Don't misunderstand me, this isn't my first blog. I have a few that I write in covering different topics.

This blog is "My Wiccan Thoughts," meaning if it's a magical topic, or has anything to do with Wicca (or paganism in general) I will try to write about it here.

I am the mother of three wonderful children, and I have the best man in my life a woman could ask for. All the key people in my life will show up here and there through out this blog, but they aren't my topic, so I will try to give only minimum mention to them.

I am 29 years old, I have been blogging since June 2005, and that blog currently has about 1,000 entries in it. I try to write regularly, though sometimes I can go days, weeks, or months with nothing. Writing is one of my favorite hobbies. On top of that? I enjoy Art, Crafts, Photography, technology. I also love my Wiccan beliefs.

While I am Wiccan, and refer to myself as a witch, I have yet to go through the official year and a day training with a mentor. I have not found someone who beliefs the same things as I do, that also lives close enough to me to help me become one with my beliefs. Though, I do not doubt my spiritual path.

I am what one calls a "Solitary Witch," This means that instead of having a coven (although I have been searching) I practice alone.

I do not tend to do the whole "Making a circle" and "Lighting candles" thing, mostly because I'm afraid of the mess I will probably make, or burning down my house, or having someone walk in on me and getting scared of what I'm doing.

Although I have, in the past, created a circle and lit candles, and done magic the "traditional way" I tend to do most  of my daily rituals by "visualization." This means instead of lighting a candle and staring into the flame, I will imagine the flame. Instead of drawing a circle around me, I will imagine I have drawn the circle and see the magic flowing around me. It is a ton of meditation magic.  (that's what I think of it as) Occasionally, I do create spells, and practice them.

I feel as though the Goddess accepts me for who I am, and the ways I communicate with her. I believe you can't do something too wrong when you feel the Goddess approves. That is one of the many reasons why I am glad to be a solitary witch.

Though it is lonesome sometimes, and my love's family gets upset about it sometimes, I am okay with that.

When I first came out to my parents about what I believe, they didn't know how to react. I was afraid my family would fear I was working with the devil, when my mother asked me I answered with "I don't believe in the devil" and she wasn't sure what to say. After months of her asking me questions about what I believe she has become comfortable (and now it's been over a decade) with what I believe.

I have given other religions a chance, but none of them have had the same affect on my life as Wicca has. I am not a high priestess, I will probably never consider myself one. Instead, I will fallow my path the best that I can and share my thoughts with you.

If you would like my opinion or thoughts about some topic, feel free to ask. I am sure there is some way to contact me though my blog.

Merry we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.

Blessed Be
☽✪☾