Friday, October 6, 2017

Kneeling NFL Players

I'm sure everyone in the US have heard or seen the NFL players who are kneeling during the national anthem.
I am angry about their choice to disrespect our country.
People have their lives so that we, as Americans, can sit home watching NFL games, or believing in our own things. People died so that black people wouldn't be slaves! So women could have equal rights as men.
Yet there are people who don't know what the national anthem represents. There are people who don't understand the price people have paid to give us the freedoms we have today.
If millions of people didn't fight the wars they have, many giving their lives- I wouldn't be free to write this blog. I wouldn't be able to say "I dont believe in Christ" and I wouldn't be able to openly say I don't have faith in Christianity. For those simple thoughts, I could be hung, or shot.
Men and women gave their lives for people like us to do what we want to do. My granddaddy was in world war 2. He lost many friends to the war. My uncles fought in Vietnam. They lost their friends! My friends fought in Iraq. The few who made it home are changed!
They gave up their lives for us! So we could openly say we don't like our president, or to have religious beliefs of our own. For men, women, black, white, gay or straight to have equal rights.
And how does the NFL players show their respect for the soldiers who lost their lives and gave up everything for us? They kneel. They say they don't like our country so the best thing they can do is kneel during the national anthem and show all those generations before us what kind of asshole our country has become.
In my opinion- all those who kneel during the national anthem, should be forced into the service and made to fight at least one tour.
Those men need to understand what that song represents.
When I was a kid we spent 2 or 3 months going over WWII and reinacting it. We drew cards with our names and descriptions of the people we were to become during that time. I was a white soldier. If we were really who we were except in the 40s, I'd have been a nurse.
The point is- we spent months learning about those people who gave their lives for us. We dissected the national anthem. We learned the meaning.
And now? My son is 14, he had no idea what the words are or what the song represents. He didn't understand why I would have such strong feelings.
And those men, kneeling? Its like they're spitting on our dead soldiers. Stabbing the veterans in the back.
I can only hope our future generations learn the importance of the soldiers and what they've given since the current 20-30something people obviously don't get it.
With 
Love and Light

Merry we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.
Blessed Be

☽✪☾

No comments:

Post a Comment