Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Witch Shops

Over the past twenty years or so, I have gone into possibly hundreds of witch shops. None of them are exactly the same.

There's one place that changes ownershop every few years. It has been in its location close to a decade. I really loved going under the most recent owner (I'll call her L), sadly she had some major life issues and wasn't able to give her store the attention it required and was forced to sell. That means it went to an owner that reconnected the store with the owner before her. The entire atmosphere during the second precious owner was horrible. The woman (who I will not name) is predidous towards witches who are not in her coven or follow her exact path. She doesn't acknowledge her witchism or the negativity she gives off. I haven't been back since the shop has returned to her hands.

During the short time L had it, she gave the shop a total face lift. It had the atmosphere of a coffee shop, you could bring in a drink and snacks then just hang out and visit. It didn't matter if you bought anything or how long you have been traveling on your path. The exact path you follow didn't matter.

Over an hour drive to go visit the store, and I would do it just to visit the lovely, welcoming shop.

Unfortunately for me, the closest witch shops are over an hour drive from my house, and none of them are near one another. If I want to go to a store, I have to plan an entire day trip to that area.

This weekend I'm going to another shop I found over the past year. Its got a cool atmosphere and had a large collection of tarot cards. They have samples of just about every deck they carry available to look at. If you're ever in Poughkeepsie New York, go check out the Dreaming Goddess.  They carry many crystals I haven't seen in other shops. The first time I went there I got a piece of red coral. It was very cool.

I have a crystal shop that's much closer to me. They carry crystals and many objects for multiple paths. I don't see it as a witch shop. The staff are awesome and when looking for crystals, gems, sage, and other items, its one of my favorite places. When I need to talk to someone, or have a great need of grounding myself, I go to Great Barrington, Massachusetts and go into Crystal Essence.

If you're looking for a church like shop, head back to New York. The Awareness Shop has a very cool store, the purple house comes off as magical and every part of the store holds the same positive energy. They have a year and a day subscription you can order that includes monthly magical shipments. They have weekely tea parties in store and online you can Skype along with them. The first time I went in, I bought their "Circle in a Box" CD, and I'm glad I did. Check it out, its available through iTunes also.

My state has one more shop that has been around for over a decade. Sadly, it keeps moving and by the time I get the opportunity to go check their store out, they've moved again. Their hours usually stink and I never know if I'm going to have the time to locate their shop and look around beforw they close.

When I went to Salem, Massachusetts with my family, I found tons of shops- for those alone I would love to return soon. They have stores for real witches and some for the tourist witches. All were great fun to visit.

None of these places know about my blog, and I have no ties to any of them. If you check them out based on this blog, that's great! I'm glad you gave them a chance and I truly hope you enjoy them.

One day I would love to open my own witch shop. Something that reflects all of the good things from all the shops I've fallen in love with over my lifetime.

One day I want to open a witch shop/ tea parlor type thing. I will bake homemade cookies before the store opens and make jewelry, soaps, or runes after I close at night. I'll also offer consignment opportunities for local witches and pagans alike.


With

Love and Light


Merry, we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.

Blessed Be


☽✪☾

No comments:

Post a Comment