Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Solar Eclipse August 2017

August 21, 2017 there is a Solar eclipse able to be seen from the US. This doesn't happen very often. In our part of the country we will only be able to see about two thirds of the eclipse. This only means that my photos will be almost nothing in comparison to the many people in the part of our country that can see the total eclipse.

We will be watching from one of the mountains in our neck of the woods and I plan to bring my camera and kids. I ordered some eclipse glasses that I'll probably hold on to for the next forty years or so, until the next one.

I remember when we were kids, in elementary school, watching a solar eclipse from our school yard. It was really neat. Now my 6 year old will get a chance to see one also. If it were possible, I'd have a hand-fasting ceremony with my man during the eclipse.

It is a very magical event. Even those people who "don't believe in magic" still believe in magical properties of an eclipse.

Please feel free to post your pictures from the eclipse to this post.

(Update after The Eclipse)
We watched the eclipse in Connecticut from a field on top of a mountain with my kids and my mother in law. It was awe inspiring. We wore the special glasses meant for the eclipse and though we didn't get to see a full 100% at it's peak, we did get to watch it up to about 68% and it was still really cool.

This is a moment I believe my children will remember for many years, possibly for their entire lives.

I did get some great pictures sent to me from our cousin in Oregon. I'm so glad we have family all over the country that can share in the amazing parts of life and the magic in nature.


With
Love and Light
Merry, we meet, merry we part, merry we meet again.

Blessed Be
☽✪☾